April 18, 2007
Change happens all the time. I never doubt that. I really don't think that things ever stand still. But sometimes they change without our knowing, slowing weaving into the pattern of life as some things break away soundlessly. Then a few months later, one looks up and sees a different fabric altogether. But then… then there are earthquakes when change rattles and makes its presence known.
There is another cliché (thanks in part to Albert Einstein) that in the midst of difficulty lies opportunity. The challenge, of course, is to see clearly enough through the chaos to seize that opportunity before the dust settles and time has altered things beyond possibility.
Now I'm too tired to think. I don't want to make decisions or choices or raise my arms to grab out to something. And yet… if I don't actively participate in the cyclone whirling around me, things are going to fall where they will and life will change anyway.
Or maybe, in truth, the fact is… I just changed my level of motion. I stopped whirling about and see the fury of life continues without my pull of the strings. A different perspective, wherein lies true opportunity.

No comments:
Post a Comment