March 21, 2007
Most days, my drive into work is pretty mindless. I sometimes don't even realize the passage of time and find myself already reversing direction on the J-way before I know it. I lose myself in whatever music I play at an inappropriate volume and reconfigure my thoughts to prepare for the day.
Today I was listening to Vivaldi's Summer. I don't know how many people blare The Four Seasons as loudly as I do, but something about those violins… anyway, whilst I was enjoying my baroque music, I was startled into amusement by the sudden appearance of a turkey running up Pond Street, across the Boston line into Brookline. Then, at some point after leaving JP, it stopped – as though relieved to make it out of the city.
Turkeys really are dumb. The birds… and the people. But, well, at least this one started my day with a laugh. Thanks, Mother Nature. I needed that today.

No comments:
Post a Comment