January 15, 2008
Christmas was a little more stress than joy this year… and so I missed it. Forgot it, even. That sense of spontaneous joy that ekes through one's being in spite of, well, stress and the logic that requires keeping one's feet on the ground.
Well, today is Christmas morning for me. Kind of apropos with the landscape outside my window. A brilliant winter wonderland that has whitewashed the world for a few brief hours. So breathtaking in its serene, pure beauty. I relished it when I stopped for an allowance of 'crack' a few hours ago. I felt that surge of bliss when I breathed in the clean, quiet cold air in Newton's Picadilly Square. It was so beautiful, with the pinkish, purple of the sunrise coloring the sky. Even more beautiful, of course, because I will be in the REAL Picadilly Square so soon.
No need to overstate the obvious. Anyone who knows me understands my Christmas morning mood today. But, like my favorite Byron says, all who win joy must share it. So, friends, have a little. Cheers.

No comments:
Post a Comment